Who We Are
CornerStone Preparatory School began as a Madisonville satellite campus of Heritage Christian Academy in 2017. In just two short years, the school experienced sufficient growth to enable it become an independent school. We began the 2019-2020 school year as CornerStone Prep at our location on Center Street in Madisonville, where we continue to grow.
CornerStone seeks to forge foundations from a biblical worldview by equipping and empowering students academically and spiritually for college, career, and life, ultimately building a stronger community.
Our mission has always been centered around the idea of a “foundation” which is why our mission statement is
Forging Foundations for Life. Our name CornerStone points directly to Christ as our permanent foundation. Here
at CSPS, we strongly believe that if Jesus is not placed in the premiere spot of our foundation, the rest of the
building will crumble. With Jesus as our focus, we can successfully place our other foundational stones: faith, academic excellence, and character. The building blocks of faith are forming a biblical worldview, being kingdom minded, and developing our hearts for service. Academic excellence consists of mastery learning, individualized pathways, 21st century skills, and relationship development. Character includes integrity, responsibility, self-discipline, health and wellness, and being community minded.
We are dually accredited through ACSI and Cognia (formerly AdvancEd) which allows us to offer an education that is recognized and accepted by universities throughout the country and around the world. Acquiring accreditation from these internationally known organizations ensures that the processes and procedures by which the school makes decisions – around curriculum, instruction, and assessment – supports student learning.
- Love and glorify God in all that we do (1 Corinthians 10:31, 1 Peter 4:11).
- Do everything, including academic teaching, in a way that helps fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
- Affirm and encourage parents in their God-given roles and responsibilities (Deuteronomy 6:6-7, Proverbs 22:6).
- Educate with excellence in a Christ-centered environment (Luke 2:52, Proverbs 1:2-7, 3:13-20, 9:9, and 10:14).
- Integrate home and school in age-appropriate ways through curriculum design and student activities.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in the Bible as the authoritative word of God.
- We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His atoning death, His resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His expected return in power and glory.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death.
- We affirm that salvation is by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.
CornerStone Preparatory School makes no distinction in its admission or school policies regarding an individual student’s race, color, or national and ethnic origin.