Cornerstone Preparatory School
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I enroll?
- Enrollment occurs after a student has applied and been accepted to the school. Applications for enrollment are available to online only. All application documents, application fees, testing, and family interview must be on file before a student can begin school. Once all items are received, the admissions committee will review the information and determine eligibility, and the family will receive a letter of admission or denial.
- How much does it cost?
- Tuition for the 2023-2024 school year is free. CornerStone’s programs are fully funded by private and corporate donations and fundraisers. If you are interested in making a tax deductible donation, please contact the school.
- What grades do you offer?
- Kindergarten-12th grade.
- Are you accredited?
- We are dually accredited through ACSI and Cognia (formerly AdvancEd).
- What textbooks do you use?
- We use a variety of textbooks and other resources that are appropriate for each course and grade level to support our curriculum and meet our academic standards. Many of our publications are from Christian publishers, though all of our curriculum is taught through a biblical worldview.
- Do you teach Common Core?
- Our curriculum is similar to national and state standards, with all content being taught from a biblical worldview.
- Do you participate in state testing?
- No, but we do complete standardized testing in the spring of each year.
- How do you teach “the faith”?
- We teach all content from a biblical worldview focusing on creation, fall, and redemption. (No doctrine is taught because we are interdenominational.)
- What are school hours?
- School hours are 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Students may be dropped off in the morning after 7:30 a.m., but must be picked up no later than 3:15 p.m.
- Do you have extended care?
- We do not offer extended care. Students must be picked up by 3:15 p.m. We can recommend several after school programs which will provide transportation for our students.
- Do you serve school lunches?
- Students should bring their lunch each day. We do not prepare lunches on-site. Catering options may be offered on occasion, and students may opt to order or bring their lunch on those days.
- Do you have chapel? Can visitors attend?
- We have weekly chapel services on Friday mornings with alternating grade levels each week. Weeks when students are not in chapel, they participate in small groups discussing biblical topics and developing Christ-like character.
- Guests are welcome to attend chapel but must register in the front office upon arrival.
- Do you offer sports?
- We are members of KHSAA, and we have a handful of sports offerings. Offerings have included golf, archery, and trap at the middle and high school level, with more options being added based on student interest. We also encourage students to participate in local community, recreation, and travel teams.
- Which clubs and activities are offered?
- We offer the following clubs and activities (based on student interest and availability): student government, yearbook, 4H and Farm to Fork, Student Y, Kentucky Youth Assembly, Kentucky United Nations Assembly, Student Ambassador Program, merit and enrichment trips, music lessons, and many other enrichment activities on Campus Life days.
- What are your class sizes?
- We pride ourselves in small class sizes, typically 15 or fewer students.
- How do I apply for employment?
- If interested, fill out an application for future consideration. Applications are online and may be accessed through the Application page of our website.
- How can I contact you for more information?
- Email us at email@example.com or call 270-841-7540.