2022-2023 DRESS CODE
**Student dress code is always under consideration and is subject to change**
Students in Kindergarten are not required to follow a prescribed dress code, but should be dressed in a minimum of dress down attire. Children should be dressed comfortably and in clothing that makes it easy for them to use the bathroom independently and participate in age-appropriate activities. We ask that all shirts have sleeves and appropriate wording, pictures, and designs. Shorts (boys and girls) and skirts or dresses (girls) must be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee. Girls leggings may be worn under dresses, but not as pants.
Grades 1 – 12
School clothes should be neat, clean, and modest and must be worn to fit (not oversized or skin-tight). Clothes should have no words or lettering except in the case of small brand labels and have no holes, rips, tears, or frayed edges. The administration reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of clothing and appearance in all situations.
|Tops||SS or LS Polo||SS or LS Polo|
|SS or LS Oxford shirt||SS or LS Oxford shirt|
|SS or LS CornerStone Prep shirt purchased from the school or PTF||SS or LS CornerStone Prep shirt purchased from the school or PTF|
|SS or LS Dresses with sleeves, modest neckline no shorter than 2in. above knee|
|Bottoms||Jean or chino style skirt/skort, no shorter than 2in. above knee||Jean or chino style shorts, no shorter than 2in. above knee|
|Jean or chino style shorts, no shorter than 2in. above knee||Jean or chino style pants|
|Jean or chino style pants|
|Plain hooded sweatshirt||Plain hooded sweatshirt|
|Cornerstone Prep Spirit Gear purchased from the school or PTF||Cornerstone Prep Spirit Gear purchased from the school or PTF|
*Must wear a dress code approved shirt underneath
- All tops must have sleeves.
- All tops should have no words or lettering except in the case of small brand labels.
- Tops may be any color or pattern.
- All bottoms must be properly fitted – not too loose or too tight.
- Chino style pants and jeans may be any color.
- Shorts and skirts may not be shorter than 2 inches above the knee.
- Shorts or leggings are recommended under skirts/dresses for students in grades K-5 due to the nature of their activities.
- All bottoms must have NO holes, rips, tears, or frayed edges.
- Leggings are not pants!
- Coats may not be worn in the classroom.
- Sweatshirts and hoodies must be plain with no wording or lettering except small brand labels.
- Hair color should be a natural shade.
- Hair is to be kept clean and neat and must not obstruct the student’s face.
- Visible permanent tattoos or body piercings, except earrings, are not permitted.
- Sensible shoes should be worn; house shoes and slippers are not permitted.
- No head apparel may be worn inside the school.
Dress Down Days
Dress down day attire may include t-shirts, jeans, and athletic apparel. Shirts must have sleeves. All apparel must have appropriate wording, pictures, and designs. Tight athletic leggings must be opaque and may only be worn with a shirt or tunic that comes no shorter than 2 inches above the knee. Athletic shoes are encouraged. Due to the nature of the activities included in our Friday enrichment day schedule, students may follow the dress down policy on all Fridays.
Dress Code at School Events
Students are expected to uphold standards that are neat, clean, and modest and are appropriate for the event. Specific dress guidelines may be provided for specific events based on the nature of those events.